Under a California private policy, the dental benefits will be subject to what is called a "table of allowance". Coverage will be provided based on a set dollar amount for the services received. Click Individual Dental Health Insurance to see pricing information and an overview on how the plan works.
On a group dental health insurance policy, you'll find more comprehensive benefits, plus a variety of options to choose from; it is not based on a table of allowance. There are three plan categories:
- Fee-for-Service: If you have a favorite dentist, consider this category.
- Premier: This PPO option allows you to choose from a wide selection of in-network dentists.
- Delta Care: If affordability matters most, check these plans.
Find a Dentist
Use the links below to find dentists that are covered on Kaiser Permanente/Delta Dental Health Insurance Plans.
- California Individual and Family Dental Plans: To view a list of the in-network providers in your area, click here. On the next page, click "Continue" and enter your location information.
- California Group Dental Plans: Click here and do the following steps:
- 1.Choose the type of dental plan that interests you (Delta Dental Premier, Delta Dental PPO or DeltaCare USA).
- 2.Select your state (i.e. California) from the drop down menu.
- 3.On the bottom left, click "Continue".
- 4.On the next page, go to the bottom and click "Continue". Then, a list of dentists will appear that take the coverage type you selected.